WeALLCount Campaign (aka, Point-In-Time Count) Mandated by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), this single-day count provides an estimate of the number of homeless persons throughout San Diego County. The count includes persons living “on the street” or staying in homeless shelters. Additional descriptive information is drawn from the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) for sheltered persons, and in-depth questionnaires conducted with approximately 20% of the unsheltered persons, enabling us to better understand the characteristics of those who are homeless in our community.
Annual Homeless Assessment Reports
The Annual Homeless Assessment Report (AHAR) is an annual report to the U.S. Congress that provides nationwide estimates of homelessness, including information about the demographic characteristics of homeless persons, service use patterns, and the capacity to house homeless persons. The San Diego County reports summarize our community’s contribution to the national AHAR.
- 2014 San Diego Regional AHAR
- 2013-2014 AHAR – City of San Diego
- 2013-2014 AHAR – County of San Diego
Dashboard Reports provide information on the programs that serve the homeless and their sources of funding.
Fact sheets that give one page summaries of subpopulations and cities.
- 2015 Point-In-Time Count: Youth Homeless Profile
- 2015 Point-In-Time Count: City Totals
- 2015 Point-In-Time Count: General Homeless Profile
- 2015 City Profile: City of San Diego
- 2015 City Profile: City of Carlsbad
- 2015 City Profile: City of Chula Vista
- 2015 City Profile: City of El Cajon
- 2015 City Profile: City of Encinitas
- 2015 City Profile: City of Escondido
- 2015 City Profile: City of Imperial Beach
- 2015 City Profile: City of La Mesa
- 2015 City Profile: City of Lemon Grove
- 2015 City Profile: City of National City
- 2015 City Profile: City of Oceanside
- 2015 City Profile: City of Santee
- 2015 Unincorporated Area Profile: San Diego County
*Sufficient data is not available for the cities of Coronado, Del Mar, Poway, San Marcos, and Solana Beach to produce city profiles for 2015.
Periodically we publish reports on specific issues. Custom reporting may be available upon request and on a contractual basis. For more information, please contact us.