This section includes reports and analysis regarding homelessness in our community.
WeALLCount Campaign (aka, Point-In-Time Count)
Mandated by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), this single-day count provides an estimate of the number of homeless persons throughout San Diego County. The count includes persons living “on the street” or staying in homeless shelters. Additional descriptive information is drawn from the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) for sheltered persons, and in-depth questionnaires conducted with at least 10% of the unsheltered persons, enabling us to better understand the characteristics of those who are homeless in our community.
- 2013 Regional Homeless Profile
- 2013 Point-in-Time Summary (Revised 05-13-2013*)
- 2013 Point-in-Time Map of Regional Breakdown (Revised 05-13-2013*)
- 2013 Point-in-Time Breakdown by City (Revised 05-13-2013*)
*Revisions: 2013 PIT materials revised to reflect slight updates to the number of homeless people sheltered in San Diego City, Encinitas, El Cajon, and the Region (v05/13/2013).
Annual Homeless Assessment Report
The Annual Homeless Assessment Report to Congress (AHAR) is compiled by HUD to describe the extent and nature of homelessness in America. The San Diego Regional reports summarize our community’s contribution to the national AHAR.
- 2012 AHAR – San Diego Region
- 2011 AHAR - San Diego Region
- 2010 AHAR – San Diego Region
- 2010 AHAR - National
- Counts of all regions (2007-2011)
Summary of Regional Innovations (1985 – Present)
- Regional Homeless Profile – 2012
- Regional Homeless Profile – 2010
- Regional Homeless Profile – 2008
- Regional Homeless Profile – 2006
Periodically we publish reports on specific issues. Custom reporting may be available upon request and on a contractual basis. For more information, please contact us.