HMIS Training and Support
The Regional Task Force’s HMIS Support Team provide HMIS participating agencies and users with training and support. If you are a current HMIS user and you need technical support, your first point-of-contact is your agency’s HMIS administrator. If they have been unable to assist or you are unsure who your agency’s administrator is, please email the HMIS Support Team.
Clarity/HMIS New User Training
Clarity/HMIS New User Training is offered regularly at in-person sessions led by RTFH’s HMIS Team and trains new users on the basics of working with client data in HMIS.
In order to obtain access to Clarity/HMIS, you must:
- Complete an in-person Clarity/HMIS New User Training session.
- The HMIS Agency Administrator for your organization must approve the fees associated with a new Clarity user license being activated.
Clarity/HMIS New User Training is offered through 2.5 hour in-person sessions that are held several times a month at the RTFH offices in the United Way Building (4699 Murphy Canyon Road, San Diego).
To view upcoming sessions and register online to reserve a space in a session, view the RTFH Events Calendar. Online registration is required in advance in order to attend a session. Use of a computer is required to complete training and due to a limited number of RTFH laptop computers, trainees are encouraged to bring their own if possible.
CES Workflow in Clarity Training
Any HMIS User who need access to enter data related to the Coordinated Entry System (CES) in Clarity (including entering information into the CES Triage Tool for clients you are working with and/or accepting referrals to a permanent housing program) must attend a CES Workflow in Clarity Training session before being granted access.
CES Workflow in Clarity Training is offered by the RTFH CES Team through in-person sessions that are held several times a month at the RTFH offices in the United Way Building (4699 Murphy Canyon Road, San Diego). Sessions are generally scheduled to take place on the same day as Clarity/HMIS New User Training and start 45 minutes after the conclusion of Clarity/HMIS New User Training, so that new users who want to attend both Clarity/HMIS Training and CES Training in the same day can do so conveniently.
To view upcoming CES Training sessions and register online to reserve a space, view the RTFH Events Calendar. Online registration is required in advance in order to attend a session. A computer is not required for the CES Training session.
Focused HMIS Training Sessions
RTFH’s HMIS Team also offers focused training on specific HMIS topics and workflows.
- 8/22/2019 Webinar – HMIS Privacy and Security Essentials
- 7/17/2019 Webinar – Running and Utilizing the HUD Annual Performance Report
- 3/26/2019 Webinar – Clarity Training: Tools for Managers/Administrators
- HMIS Workflow for Street Outreach Teams – RTFH’s HMIS and CES teams have held a number of training sessions in the community for outreach teams on how to complete the HMIS workflow and their role in the CES process. A future session is being scheduled; to request a session, email the HMIS Support team.
Feedback from the community is invaluable to the HMIS team in deciding what to develop content on and how to improve our current training. Please share your feedback, ideas and needs for HMIS training by emailing the Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.