The Regional Task Force on the Homeless, San Diego Continuum of Care (CoC), is the Collaborative Applicant designated by The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to apply for the CoC HUD, Notice of Funding Availability or NOFA. The HUD NOFA establishes the funding criteria for the Continuum of Care (CoC) program. See below for more information and resources related to the 2018 NOFA. See the 2017 NOFA page for information about last year’s NOFA process.
2018 HUD CoC NOFA
See below for information and documents related to this year’s NOFA.
Links to Application Guides and HUD Exchange
- New Project Application Detailed Instructions – posted July 17, 2018
- Renewal Project Application Detailed Instructions – posted July 17, 2018
- “How to” guides in e- SNAPS – posted July 17, 2018
Notice – Agency Financial Audit
All CoC 2018 NOFA providers should submit their agency’s most recent Financial Audit by July 13, 2018 into your CoC DropBox. Please contact the appropriate Technical Assistance provider with any questions. – posted July 3, 2018
Call for Intent to Submit Information and Forms
- Notice – Request for Intent to Submit Form for 2018 HUD CoC Competition – posted July 3, 2018
- 2018 Intent to Submit Form Cover and Agency Commitment and Project Planning Form – Word version (click on link to download Word document) – posted July 3, 2018
- 2018 Intent to Submit Form Cover and Agency Commitment and Project Planning Form – PDF version – posted July 3, 2018
- Intent to Submit Form – CoC Competition 2018 – Word version (click on link to download Word document) – posted July 3, 2018
- Intent to Submit Form – CoC Competition 2018 – PDF version – posted July 3, 2018
Bidders Conference Call
A Bidders Conference Call will be held on Monday, July 2, 2018 from 10:00 am to 11:00 am (11:00 hard stop)
- Dial-In-Number 641-715-3580
- Access Code 744498#
- Bidders Conference Call PowerPoint Presentation
- General NOFA Information
- Eligible projects
- New project types
- Calendar Information
- Q & A about the NOFA Process
Note: This is NOT a Q & A about Rating and Ranking
2018 NOFA Summary, Timeline and Technical Assistance Contacts
- 2018 CoC NOFA Summary for San Diego – posted June 26, 2018
- 2018 NOFA Timeline – posted June 26, 2018
- 2018 Technical Assistance Contacts – posted June 26, 2018
FAQ documents will be released weekly summarizing answers to frequently asked questions about the NOFA.
- 7/10/2018 NOFA FAQ – posted July 10, 2018
- 7/3/18 NOFA FAQ – posted July 5, 2018
- 6/25/2018 NOFA FAQ – posted June 26, 2018
Materials from May 31, 2018 Special Membership Meeting
- Membership Meeting packet – posted May 31, 2018
- Rating and Ranking presentation – posted May 31, 2018
HUD Rating and Ranking Test Tool
- Release of HUD Tool – SD Draft – posted June 25, 2018
- HUD Rating and Ranking Tool (click on link to download Excel file) – posted June 25, 2018
Please note as promised by the Rating and Ranking Committee at the May 31st Special Meeting, final APRs Reports will be run starting on June 27th. The period of data being pulled is October 31, 2016 – September 30th, 2017. Please make sure your data is updated and correct.
Any new potential 2018 HUD NOFA-CoC Applicants
If you are planning to apply for 2018 HUD CoC funds, please make sure that you are registered with the federal SAMs and DUNs systems. SAMs has a new process in place, which is requiring more time, and you could experience long delays with new registration or updating annual registration. It is advised that you start on the processes now to ensure your registration is complete by the CoC deadlines.
A link to more information regarding SAMs & Duns can be found here.
June 20, 2018 NOTICE: Urgent Attention Needed: SAMs Registration Advisory
Please be advised that SAMs has a new process, which is taking a very lengthy time to process and could effect your agency in applying for the 2018 HUD CoC NOFA, if not completed by the CoCs deadline.
If you have an UPDATE or are NEW to SAMs a notarized letter is required and will be taken in order received by SAMs. Please also check to see that your SAMs will not be expiring during this competition period.
This process can be very time consuming, and could potentially take several weeks. Please make sure that if you have not already started this process that you do right away.
SAMs is updating their process, and the CoC San Diego due date of proof of submission to SAMs is due to the CoC DROPBOX by June 29, 2018.
In addition, SAMs may require you to update your registration login process effective June 29, 2018.
June 19, 2018 NOTICE: Required Action: SAMs Registration for the 2018 HUD CoC NOFA
Please read the following notice, and submit a screen shot, download, or a document of proof of an updated or active SAM’s registration for your organization to the dropbox folder by June 29, 2018.
We thank you for your attention to this matter.
Please see the full notice instruction here.
2018 HUD CoC NOFA Agency Point of Contact
- Point of Contact Letter – June 2018 – posted June 6, 2018
2017 HUD CoC NOFA
See the 2017 NOFA page for documents and information about last year’s NOFA process.