Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program (YHDP)
The YHDP award will move forward the effort to identify and quickly link all homeless youth to tailored and scaled housing and services.
The RTFH is pleased to announce the subrecipients of the YHDP funding. Awardees can access their accounts via ZoomGrants for reporting and invoicing. You can also find information and resources for Grant Recipients.
In July of 2018 the Regional Task Force on the Homeless Continuum of Care was awarded through national competition, the Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program (YHDP) grant by The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) in the amount of $7.94 million, to prevent and end youth homelessness in the San Diego region. As a threshold requirement, the CoC was required to create a Coordinated Community Plan (CCP) to End Youth Homelessness in the San Diego region, regardless of the funding source.
CCP development was an amalgam of input and best practices from six special focus groups, four community input sessions and more that 25 Operational Team meetings; inclusive of written feedback from the San Diego Youth Homelessness Consortium, subject matter experts, and the various youth and community stakeholders on what they believe is needed to end youth homelessness in the San Diego region.
Both the CCP and YHDP will move the Continuum of Care forward in creating appropriate system capacity, and full implementation of a youth coordinated entry system. The YHDP grant aims to support a wide range of housing programs including rapid rehousing, permanent housing, transitional housing, and host homes; while emphasizing prevention and diversion, and will measure youth outcomes and overall system performance for the Continuum of Care (CoC) to prevent and end youth homelessness by forming new partnerships, addressing system barriers, conducting needs assessments and testing promising strategies.
- San Diego Youth Action Board of the Regional Task Force on the Homeless Flyer
- Higher Education Workgroup (YHDP) Convening Powerpoint
YHDP TA Office Hours – Housing Models
- Rapid Rehousing and Joint – Transitional Housing/RRH projects – Presentation & Webinar Recording
- Host Homes – Presentation & Webinar Recording
- General Overview and Open Question Session – Presentation
Housing Model Resources
- Rapid Rehousing Models for Homeless Youth
- Rapid Rehousing for Youth Suite
- Rapid Rehousing for Youth Toolkit
- Rapid Re-Housing for Youth – Shared Housing Overview
- Joint Transitional Housing and Rapid Re-Housing Component
- Host Homes – Point Source Youth
- Promising Program Models – Ending Youth Homelessness: A Guidebook Series
Youth Homelessness Resources
- HUD YHDP
- Determining Youth Homelessness
- Resources for Homeless Youth Service Providers
- Ending Youth Homelessness: A Guidebook Series
- Preventing and Ending Youth Homelessness: A Coordinated Community Response
- Framework to End Youth Homelessness
- Criteria and Benchmarks for Achieving the Goal of Ending Youth Homelessness
Received this grant? Get information and resources for Grant Recipients.