The Regional Task Force on the Homeless (RTFH) is responsible for coordinating the efforts to address homelessness, including unsheltered homelessness, across multiple sectors including local, state, and federal government agencies, non-profits, healthcare, philanthropy, education, and business leaders. Key stakeholders throughout the region are already making significant progress in coordinating outreach efforts to address unsheltered homelessness including those living in encampments.
During the May 16th Board Meeting of the Regional Task Force on the Homeless, the Board of Directors authorized the next steps through the release of draft policy guidance and the opening of a public comment period. It is the intent of this policy to provide guidance on a shared vision and approach for the region for addressing the needs of unsheltered persons including those residing in homeless encampments.
- Addressing Unsheltered Homelessness and Encampments Presentation
- Draft Policy Guidance for Regional Response for Addressing Unsheltered Homelessness and Encampments Throughout San Diego County
Next Steps as of August 2019 Board Meeting
- 90 day comment period to enhance draft policy guidelines has closed 08/31/2019
- HUD TA team will revise draft based on input and create new draft. A summary document with input themes and changes made will accompany new draft
- Additional 30 day comment period on newly revised document will tentatively to start mid September and end mid October
- HUD TA will update draft policy with any new input received during 30 day period
- Creation of implementation plan to accompany policy
- Bring finalized policy and implementation plan to RTFH Board for consideration in November.