The Regional Task Force on the Homeless (RTFH) is responsible for coordinating the efforts to address homelessness, including unsheltered homelessness, across multiple sectors including local, state, and federal government agencies, non-profits, healthcare, philanthropy, education, and business leaders. Key stakeholders throughout the region are already making significant progress in coordinating outreach efforts to address unsheltered homelessness including those living in encampments.
It is the intent of these Policy Guidelines to provide overall guidance on a shared vision and approach for San Diego County, including all 18 cities and the unincorporated areas, for addressing the needs of individuals experiencing unsheltered homelessness, including those living in vehicles, and those residing in encampments. The guidelines outlined in this document serve to guide all necessary stakeholders (Stakeholders) – including the County of San Diego and effected departments, local municipalities and respective departments, other local government agencies that interact with unsheltered individuals such as transportation entities, homeless services organizations, faith-based organizations, and public and private funders – in a shared vision and approach grounded in research and best practices for effectively addressing unsheltered individuals and encampments across the County.
- Please review the Draft #2 Outreach Policy Guidelines based on the feedback received during the initial draft 90 days review period.
- Complete the survey to provide any input on Draft #2 Outreach Policy Guidelines to address regional unsheltered homelessness by clicking here.
- Summary of feedback provided from the first draft of the policy can be found here.
- First Draft Policy Guidance for Regional Response for Addressing Unsheltered Homelessness and Encampments Throughout San Diego County (May 2019)
- Addressing Unsheltered Homelessness and Encampments Presentation (May 2019)
Next Steps as of October 1, 2019
- Review of Draft #2 Outreach Policy Guidelines
- Additional 30 day comment period survey for input on draft #2 outreach policy guidelines to enhance draft policy guidelines – open from 10/01/2019 – 10/31/2019
- Creation of implementation plan to accompany policy
- Bring finalized policy and implementation plan to RTFH Board for consideration in November.