This Regional Community Action Plan to Prevent and End Homelessness in San Diego (the Regional Plan) sets forth a shared vision and foundation for moving to action to end homelessness throughout the San Diego region over the next five years. The plan identifies system and resource gaps, promotes evidence-based approaches for the homelessness crisis response system (including person-centered orientations like Housing First, Trauma-Informed, and progressive engagement), places a focus on equity, and embraces the truth that HOUSING ends homelessness and EVERYONE can thrive in HOUSING with appropriate SUPPORT as needed.
The Regional Plan, essentially a “Plan of Plans,” builds on and aligns all existing plans to create a single vision in San Diego County to act collectively with intention, urgency, and compassion.
It promotes the shared vision of an END to HOMELESSNESS across San Diego County through a housing-focused, equity driven, and person-centered system approach.
The Regional Plan is being developed in a two-phase process. In 2018 the CoC worked with Focus Strategies to develop a Strategic Framework that set a foundation to guide efforts towards implementing a Community Plan. Phase 2 is currently in process. The CoC Advisory Board adopted an initial framework in October 2021 setting the vision, core principles, and goals over the next five years. The final Regional Plan is expected to be completed in early 2022.
To review the draft of the Regional Community Plan to Prevent and End Homelessness click here
Regional Plan Documents:
- CoC Advisory Board Adopted Regional Plan Framework 2021 click here
- Regional Plan Framework 1 Pager click here
- Phase 1: Strategic Framework for a System to Effectively End Homelessness in San Diego County click here
- Phase 1 Strategic Framework 1 Pager click here
Incorporated and Aligned Plans
The following national, state, and local plans and frameworks were used to create the Regional Plan, seeking strong alignment all partners.
- USICH Home Together click here
- Veterans Health Administration Homeless Programs Office Strategic Plan click here
- The Framework for an Equitable COVID-19 Homelessness Response click here
- Homeless Coordinating and Financing Council Homeless Action Plan click here
- County of San Diego Framework for Ending Homelessness
- Coordinated Community Plan to End Youth Homelessness
- Regional Policy Guidelines for Addressing Unsheltered Homelessness and Encampments
- East County Homeless Task Force Goals
- North County Homeless Action Plan
- South Region Homeless Alliance Action Plan
- City of Carlsbad Homeless Response Plan
- City of Encinitas Homeless Action Plan
- City of Escondido Strategy for Addressing Homelessness and Transiency
- City of La Mesa Homeless Action Plan
- City of Oceanside Comprehensive Homeless Strategy
- City of San Diego Community Action Plan on Homelessness
- City of Vista Strategic Plan to Address Homelessness