HMIS Privacy and Security Essentials
August 22 | 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
This focused HMIS training session will be delivered via webinar and is intended for all HMIS/Clarity users as well as agency leadership, especially staff who play HMIS roles (such as HMIS Agency Administrator, HMIS Backup Agency Administrator and HMIS Security Officer).
This session covers topics that are essential for all Clarity users to understand in order to meet privacy and security requirements for working with HMIS data. All current Clarity users are required to complete the following training components by 10/21/2019 in order to retain an active Clarity user license:
- Attend the HMIS Privacy and Security Essentials webinar (either by attending live on 8/22/19 or by viewing the recording afterwards).
- Pass a short online quiz on content covered during the webinar. The quiz will be made available via email and on the RTFH website after the webinar concludes.
Any users who do not complete both of these steps by 10/21/2019 will be inactivated in Clarity until these components are completed.
The webinar will offer a full review of essential privacy and security topics as well as information on how data privacy is handled in Clarity. Topics that will be covered include:
- Storage and sharing of data in Clarity
- The HMIS Policies and Procedures
- Responsibilities of RTFH, HMIS Participating Agencies and Clarity Users
- 3-Step Privacy Process
- How to document the Multiparty Authorization (MPA) in Clarity
- Process for securing records for clients who decline or revoke sharing their data in Clarity/HMIS
- Q & A